Lee County Homeless Coalition awards $30,000 to nonprofit member agencies
Cape Coral Caring Center receives a $1,500 contribution
The Lee County Homeless Coalition this week announced awards to member agencies for a total of $30,000.
Lee County Homeless Coalition is an advocacy and education group made up of community and faith-based service providers, local businesses, people who are currently experiencing or have previously experienced homelessness, and other advocates committed to ending homelessness.
The coalition works with members to identify potential gaps within our local Continuum of Care. This grant opportunity was made available only to members of the Lee County Homeless Coalition.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, our procedure changed from the previous process of making funds available through a community grant. In its place, the coalition distributed a simple survey inquiring about agency needs.
Thousands in the area have been negatively impacted due to COVID-19, the member agencies increased their services with the increase in needs. The LCHC is pleased to offer this funding to its members and assist those who needed help.
The following member agencies received grant funding:
* Affordable Homeownership Foundation, $2,000
* Beacon of Hope, Pine Island, $2,000
* Better Together, $2,000
* Cape Coral Caring Center, Inc., $1,500
* Community Assisted and Supported Living, Inc., $1,000
* Community Cooperative, Inc. $1,000
* Eternal Homes & We Care Outreach, $2,500
* Goodwill Industries of SWFL, Inc., $2,000
* Island Coast Helping Hands, $500
* Midwest Food Bank Florida, $3,500
* Premier Mobile Health Services, $1,000
* St. Martin de Pores Outreach, $2,000
* St. Matthew’ House, $1,000
* St. Vincent de Paul CARES, $1,000
* The Salvation Army Fort Myers Area Command, $7,000
The mission of the coalition is “to advocate, educate, and promote awareness of issues and obstacles facing homeless individuals in Lee County through community collaboration, planning, and implementing solutions.” To become a member or learn more about how you can help join the fight against homelessness, contact Janet Bartos at 239-322-6600.
For additional information on the Lee County Homeless Coalition, please visit www.leehomeless.org.