Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan to Re-Open Florida at a glance
Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday announced Phase I of his “Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan to Re-Open Florida” initiative.
The Governor also issued an Executive Order implementing the first phase of a near statewide re-opening.
Phase I will begin Monday, May 4, with Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties excluded at this time.
Phase I includes the following:
* Schools remain distance learning.
* Visits to senior living facilities are prohibited.
* Elective surgeries can resume.
* Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with six feet between tables and indoor seating at 25% capacity.
* Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity.
* No change for bars, gyms, and personal services such as hair salons.
* Vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside the home.
* All individuals, when in public, should maximize physical distance from others.
* Avoid socializing in groups of more than 10 people in circumstances that do not readily allow for physical distancing.
* Face masks are recommended for all those in face-to-face interactions and where you can’t social distance.
The Governor’s Office released a FAQ sheet Tuesday, along with a 44-page PowerPoint with multiple graphics providing both projections and actual and comparative numbers — which Floridians have been asking for. Both may be found here.