Lee Health seeking blood donations
Lee Health is seeking blood donations to help replenish supply levels. Current blood supplies are critically low, and Lee Health’s blood centers are in urgent need of donors.
As home to the regions only trauma center, it is vital that the system’s blood supply remains at healthy levels in order to quickly care for patients needing an urgent transfusion. Blood and blood products are not only used in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia and a variety of other conditions.
Lee Health’s blood centers are the sole supplier of all blood products for the entire health system.
About 800 units of blood are needed per week, and the blood centers rely on life-saving donations from the community to maintain inventory levels.
The Lee Health Blood Mobile will be at the following locations:
* Today, April 7: Lee County Port Authority, at 11000 Terminal Access Road, Suite 8671, Fort Myers, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* April 8: Faith Presbyterian Church, at 4544 Coronado Parkway, Cape Coral, from noon to 4 p.m.
* April 9: American Oncology Network, at 14543 Global Parkway, Suite 110, Fort Myers, from 2 to 5 p.m.
* April 9: The Outpatient Center at Surfside, at 2441 Surfside Blvd., Cape Coral, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* April 10: Pine Island Moose Lodge, at 8903 Stringfellow Road, St. James City, from 8 a.m. to noon
* April 12: Lee Health Coconut Point, at 23450 Via Coconut Point, Estero, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* April 13: FSW, at 8099 College Parkway S.W., Fort Myers, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (parking lot #4)
* April 14: Physician’s Primary Care, at 5700 Lee Blvd., Lehigh Acres, from 3 to 6 p.m.
All blood donated at Lee Health stays within the system to care for patients in Southwest Florida. If unable to attend a drive, donations can also be made at one of Lee Health’s blood centers.
For additional information on how and where to donate blood, please visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/ bloodcenters.