Better Together group names new community board in Southwest Florida
Better Together, a voluntary, community-driven alternative to foster care, has introduced its new community board to help represent and support the needs of hardworking families across Southwest Florida.
Members of Better Together’s community board in Southwest Florida include:
• Bess Charles, owner of LadyCakes Bakery, LLC
• Bryan Blackwell, managing partner of Southern Oak Wealth Management
• Chadd Hodges, owner of Best Home Services
• Cory Demmel, pastor of Cape Christian Church
• Josh Dorcey, managing partner of The Dorcey Law Firm, PLC
• Michael Deluca, principal-in-charge of HBK CPAs & Consultants in Southwest Florida
• Teri Hansen, president and creative director of Priority Marketing
Community board members bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise in business that will fulfill an important role in furthering Better Together’s mission. While serving a two-year term, members will be responsible for raising awareness, support and funding for essential programs provided within the community.
Better Together works to keep families together through two programs – Better Families and Better Jobs. Better Families has a 98% success rate of reunifying children with their parents, and Better Jobs has helped more than 34,000 job seekers find employment through church-based job fairs. Since its inception, Better Together has provided temporary homes to more than 3,102 Southwest Florida children.
For additional information about the local organization, please visit BetterTogetherUS.org.