Cape Coral Yacht Club
The Cape Coral Yacht Club, 5819 Driftwood Parkway, presents:
– Saturday: Intermediate saltwater fishing from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Cost for residents is $35 and $39 for non-residents. Registration required.
For information and to register, call 574-0806.
Tony Rotino Senior Center
The Tony Rotino Senior Center, 5817 Driftwood Parkway, presents:
– Saturday: Mystery dinner theatre variety show, presented by Over the Top Productions, from 6-9 p.m. Cost is $22 and dinner is included. Advance reservations required.
For information and to register, call 574-0807.
Rotary Park Environmental Center
The Rotary Park Environmental Center, 5505 Rose Garden Road, presents:
– Friday: Wood carving from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Cost is $50 for residents and $55 for non-residents.
– Saturday: Burrowing Owl Festival from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Requested donation of $3 for adults. Free for children under 12.
For information and to register, call 549-4606.
Lake Kennedy Senior Center
The Lake Kennedy Senior Center, 400 Santa Barbara Blvd., presents:
– Friday: Trip to see the Okeechobee Cracker Cowboy Experience. Arrive at the center by 7:15 a.m. Leave at 7:30 a.m. Cost is $78 for members and $88 for non-members.
– Sunday: An afternoon with “The Elegants” at 1:30 p.m. Doors open for lunch. Show begins at 2 p.m. Cost is $15 per person.
– Feb. 27: The 5th Annual Senior Idol. Cost is $15 per person. Applications available at the center. Entries are limited to the first 20 applicants with a $10 entry fee, add $4 for dinner. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for dinner. Event begins at 7 p.m. For information, call 574-0575.
– Mondays: Clogging classes for beginners from 11 a.m.-noon and noon-1 p.m. Cost is $6 for members and $10 for non-members.
– Mondays: Clogging classes for intermediates from 1-2 p.m. Cost is $6 for members and $10 for non-members.
– Tuesdays: Sharing Life’s Experiences meets at 1 p.m. Free for members. Cost is $4 for non-members.
– Wednesdays: Quickie jewelry crafting with Lynda Lea from 1-2:30 p.m. Cost is $14 for members and $18 for non-members. Supplies included.
– Thursdays: New dimensions inline dancing with Aida Pineda from 6-7:30 p.m. Cost is $3 for members and $7 for non-members.
Cleveland style polka dance
The Southwest Florida Polka Boosters will sponsor a Cleveland style polka dance from 2:30-6 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Cape Coral Elks hall, 4631 S.E. 10th Place. Music provided by Frank Morvacik Band. Doors open one hour before. Tickets are $12 per person. Children under 15 years of age are free if accompanied by an adult. For information, call 574-4880 or 542-3436.
Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre, 1390 Colonial Ave., Fort Myers, is holding open auditions Feb. 28 for “Peter Pan” and “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.” Ages 8 through 14 may audition from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Ages 15 and up may audition from 2-3 p.m. Anyone interested should bring a current headshot and resume and be prepared to sing 16 bars. For information, visit: www.BroadwayPalm.com.
The following garage sales are planned:
– Saturday: Morgan Stanley garage sale from 7-10 a.m. at 7811 University Point, Fort Myers. For information, call 432-1326.
– Saturday: Friendship Force of Southwest Florida annual garage sale fund-raiser from 7 a.m.-noon at 1429 Terra Palma, South Fort Myers. For information, call Rayann Cummings at 482-8508.
North Fort Myers
Trash and treasure sale
Sabal Springs Arts & Crafts Association will hold a trash and treasure sale from 8 a.m.-noon Saturday at Sabal Springs Golf & Racquet Club on U.S. 41 in North Fort Myers. For information, call 731-2781.