Harbour View Gallery
The exhibition “Abstract” by Maria Pia Malerba will be held Friday-March 8 at Harbour View Gallery, 5789 Cape Harbour Drive, Unit 104. For information, call 540-5789 or visit: “http://www.harbourviewgallery.com”>www.harbourviewgallery.com.
Cape Coral Art League
The Cape Coral Art League presents its classes:
– Friday: Creative art of collage and watercolor with Pat Johnson from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Cost is $60 for members and $70 for non-members.
– March 4-25: A new class of drawing for painters entitled, “The Drawing Process, Start to Finish,” from 9 a.m.-noon Cost is $60 for members and $80 for non-members. Call Gale Dale at 543-5333 to register.
More classes may be added. To reserve a spot, call Gail Dale at 543-5333. Mail check to CCAL, 516 Cultural Park Blvd., P.O. Box 100707, Cape Coral, FL 33910. For information, call 772-5657.
Cape Coral Arts Studio
The Cape Coral Arts Studio, 4533 Coronado Parkway, presents:
– The Annual Southwest Florida Craft Guild Exhibit in February. It is a juried exhibit showcasing the guild members’ talents. A reception will be held from 5-7 p.m. Friday. It is free and open to the public. To contact the Southwest Florida Craft Guild, call 297-3566.
– Saturday: The Stone Age Emporium’s Bead Show from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Select from more than 200 gemstones and glass beads, jewelry, findings, tools and more. Free admission.
For information, call 574-0802.
Artist on display
This month Ann Shuey, or Anshu as she signs her work, will exhibit her Italy inspired original artwork at District 4 Commissioner Tammy Hall’s office through April 4. For information, call 533-2226.
Sea Star Gallery
The Sea Star Gallery, 4604 Pine Island Road N.W., Matlacha, presents:
– Saturday: Judy on “Loosening up – Finding the artist within.”
– Feb. 27: Pat Johnson on watercolors.
All classes include the personal instruction, materials necessary and lunch. Seats are limited. Hours are Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. To register or for information, call 283-0137.
Crafts on the River
The Edison Festival of Light is now excepting applications for the annual arts and crafts show, Crafts on the River, to be held Friday-Sunday at Centennial Park. The park will be transformed into a craft-lovers dream with exhibitors displaying their handmade crafts and art during the event. For an application or information, call the office at 334-2999 or visit: www.edisonfestival.org.
‘Jazz in Fort Myers: A Salute to McCollum Hall’
The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center is hosting “Jazz in Fort Myers: A Salute to McCollum Hall,” featuring “100 Years of Jazz,” a photography exhibit of jazz legends, through Feb. 27. The opening and closing night galas will raise funds for the Williams Academy Black History Museum. The event also features a concert by the Wycliffe Gordon Jazz Quartet in honor of the late Bruce Gora. For information, call 239-333-1933 or visit: www.SBDAC.com.
The Arts & Humanities Council of Charlotte County is accepting nominations for its annual “Charlie Awards.” The nominating form and guidelines can be obtained by calling 941-764-8100 or by stopping by the office at 2811-M Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte. Nominations must be submitted by 5 p.m. March 2.