Real Estate Briefs 7-1-22
County property appraiser to speak at REIS luncheon July 12
The latest trends in property values in Southwest Florida will be explained by Lee County Property Appraiser Matt Caldwell at the Tuesday, July 12, luncheon meeting of the Real Estate Investment Society.
Caldwell is also expected to report on advances in information technology for online mapping and property reports – and how real estate professionals can access and use the information. Following the presentation, Caldwell will respond to specific questions from the attending real estate development and investment professionals.
Caldwell was elected as Lee County Property Appraiser in 2020. He began his career as a real estate appraiser while a student at Florida Gulf Coast University, then joined Maxwell Hendry Simmons in 2004, where he remains of counsel. He was a member of the Florida House of Representatives from 2010-2018, serving on and chairing several committees including: tax policy, redistricting, insurance and banking, agriculture and natural resources/public lands, transportation and infrastructure, and oversight of government operations.
The meeting is sponsored by Stantec and will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. on July 12 in the Osprey Room at Pelican Preserve’s Clubhouse, on Treeline Avenue at Colonial Boulevard, one mile east of I-75 exit 136 in Fort Myers. Admission is $30 for members and $40 for guests, which includes lunch. Reservations are required by July 7 and may be made at the REIS website www.reis-swfl.org.
BSSW Architects completes designs for Golisano Field House at Ave Maria University
BSSW Architects has completed its final designs for a full-scale renovation of Tom Golisano Field House, which is home to Ave Maria University’s men’s basketball, women’s basketball and women’s volleyball teams, as well as the sports medicine and strength and conditioning programs.
Built in 2011, Golisano Field House is a 40,000-square-foot pre-engineered building that is being renovated and modernized inside and out.
Located at 4810 Kelleher St. in Ave Maria, Golisano Field House was originally constructed in 2011 and sustained severe water intrusion damage, which contributed to mold growth and a complete failure of the building’s envelope. The remodel includes all-new roofing, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems.
Ave Maria competes in the Sun Conference within the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
The project is expected to be completed in summer 2023.
BSSW Architects, Inc. is a full-service, award-winning architectural firm founded in 1980. With offices in Naples and Fort Myers, BSSW Architects has served as the lead architect on many landmark projects across Southwest Florida, including government, public service and senior living facilities, schools, public libraries, religious buildings, community and cultural centers, hotels, resorts and private communities. For more information, visit BSSWarchitects.com or call 239-278-3838.
LandQwest Commercial announces the following transactions
LandQwest Commercial recently announced the following local transactions:
• P-FIT leased a 4,814-square-foot end cap retail space in the Alico Business Center at 9961 Interstate Commerce Drive #100 in Fort Myers. Eric Edwards of LandQwest Commercial represented the landlord, Friendly Village LLC.
• Bubbakoo’s, a national Mexican restaurant chain, is expanding into Southwest Florida with its 2,000-square-foot retail space in Pine Island Crossing at 1751 N.E. Pine Island Road #115 in Cape Coral. Bob Pekol of LandQwest Commercial represented the landlord, Pine Island Crossing LLC.
• Infinity Cutz leased 1,713 square feet of retail space in at 1402 Del Prado Blvd., S., in Cape Coral. Bruce Micciche, CCIM of LandQwest Commercial represented the landlord, EBC 1402 Del Prado, LLC.
• Flock Wine Bistro leased 1,712 square feet of office space in at 9405 Cypress Lake Drive in Fort Myers. Steve Wood of LandQwest Commercial represented the landlord, Leongolden Professionals, LLC, and Adam Palmer, CCIM, SIOR of LandQwest Commercial represented the tenant.
• Empire Bagel Factory leased 1,560 square feet of retail space in the Alico Business Center at 9961 Interstate Commerce Drive, #195, in Fort Myers, Fla. from Friendly Village LLC. Eric Edwards of LandQwest Commercial was the transaction broker.
About LandQwest Commercial
LandQwest is a nationally recognized, privately-held commercial real estate brokerage organization that provides business partners with property management, tenant representation, leasing, sales, investments and consulting services. For more information, visit LQWEST.com or contact email@example.com.
CRE Consultants notes recent transactions
CRE Consultants LLC of Fort Myers recently announced the following transactions:
• Hanson St, LLC purchased a 2.17-acre heavy industrial site at 3410 Hanson Street, Fort Myers, from Lyndon Investments USA, Inc. for $450,000. Stan Stouder, CCIM of CRE Consultants represented the seller and Dan Barille of Keller Williams-Fort Myers represented the buyer in negotiating the transaction.
• Nurse On Call leased a 3,414 SF office space at 3800 Colonial Blvd., Suite 100, Fort Myers, from 3800 Colonial Blvd, LLC. Enn Luthringer, CCIM of CRE Consultants represented the lessor and Anita Williams of Lincoln Harris CSG represented the lessee in negotiating the transaction.
CRE Consultants is a Florida licensed real estate broker that delivers a full spectrum of commercial real estate and property management services to property owners, investors, landlords, tenants and developers. Its office is located at 12140 Carissa Commerce Court, Suite 102, Fort Myers. For more information, call 239-481-3800.