LCEC: Powering down or putting your pc in sleep mode will lower electric usage
One easy way to conserve electricity while saving on your electric bill is to power down your computer when you are not using it. If you are one to jump on and off your pc for work or pleasure, LCEC energy experts recommend that you put your computer in sleep mode whenever possible.
Below is the cost difference for keeping your desktop computer with an LCD screen on 24/7 for an entire year:
* Fully powered: approximately $89
* Sleep mode: approximately $20
Other tips to keep in mind when it comes to your pc:
* Power off monitor if you will be away from your computer for more than 20 minutes.
* Power off your computer and monitor if you will be away from your computer for more than two hours.
* Ditch your desktop for a laptop which uses substantially less electricity.
* Look for the Energy Star logo when purchasing electronics.
Visit the Energy Efficiency tab on lcec.net to discover more ways to help you save.