South Cape Martini Competition set for Saturday
The South Cape’s premiere pub crawl returns for its 15th installment this weekend, featuring creative concoctions at various downtown establishments.
Locals can enjoy a one-of-a-kind martini, as well as an appetizer sample this Saturday night, all part of the South Cape Hospitality and Entertainment Association’s Best South Cape Martini Competition. It’s up to the public to decide which South Cape spot comes up with the most unique and pallet-pleasing drink and dish.
“This flagship pub crawl features some truly creative martinis,” said SCHEA Event and Marketing Director Pamela Hazelton. “Since this is a voting event, competition is fierce.”
The walking pub crawl goes from 7 to 11 p.m. Tickets include a special themed gift at check-in, a passport to all sampling locations, martini and appetizer samples, a voting ballot and access to win prizes at the official photo booth. Crawlers who get their passport stamped at each venue will be entered to win a gift bucket chock-full of martini-making goodies.
Participating locations and their samples include:
– BackStreets Sports Bar: Blueberry Cheesecake Martini & Phyllo cup with honey, vanilla, goat cheese, and balsamic strawberries
– Dixie Live: Kiki-tini & Pretzel bites
– Dixie Roadhouse: Naughty Cowgirl & Jalapeno poppers
– Monkey Bar: Apple Martini & BBQ wings
– Rack’em Spirits & Times: Rootbeertini & Brownies
– Ralph’s Place: Banana Cream Pie Martini & Blondies
– Rusty’s Raw Bar and Grill: Buttered Toffee Martini & Chocolate and caramel cheesecake with pretzels
– The Dive: Deep Dive & Wisconsin cheese curds
– Tiki Hut: Mini Mary Martini & Smoked chicken quesadilla
Festive garb is encouraged and can be rewarded at the official SCHEA photo booth at the South Cape Hub. Pictures that are posted publicly on Facebook with the tag #southcapemartini are entered to win 4 free tickets to the Mardi Gras Pub Crawl on Feb. 13.
“People love dressing up for this one. There are always a few groups of ladies who show up in matching T-shirts for a girls night out,” Hazelton said. “All can expect to sample to amazing food and drink pairings.”
Hazelton said this walking pub crawl also promotes social distancing to keep guests safe.
Tickets can only be purchased online or at the South Cape Hub (909 S.E. 47th Terrace) and are $20 each or $15 for designated drivers. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.southcapeentertainment.com.
–Connect with this reporter on Twitter: @haddad_cj