Real Estate Briefs 11-20-20
L&W Supply acquires assets of Coastal Building Materials
L&W Supply Corporation, a leading distributor of top-quality building materials and specialty products in the United States, announced this week that it has acquired the assets of Coastal Building Materials located at 645 Commercial Park in Cape Coral.
By acquiring Coastal Building Materials, L&W Supply has increased its team of experienced associates and strengthened its presence in the greater Fort Myers / Cape Coral market. It is L&W Supply’s second location in the area and 14th in Florida.
Founded in 1978, the company focuses on residential and commercial markets, providing drywall, acoustical ceilings, insulation and related products. L&W Supply was acquired by ABC Supply in November 2016. Headquartered in Chicago, L&W Supply operates 178 locations in 35 states. More information about L&W is available online at www.lwsupply.com.
ABC Supply Co. Inc. is the largest wholesale distributor of roofing in the United States and one of the nation’s largest wholesale distributors of select exterior and interior building products. Since its founding by Ken and Diane Hendricks in 1982, ABC Supply’s sole focus has been serving professional contractors and “making it easy” for them to do their jobs by offering the products, support and services they need. Headquartered in Beloit, Wisconsin, ABC Supply has nearly 800 locations nationwide. More information is available at www.abcsupply.com. Contractors can find resources for growing and improving their businesses on ABC Supply’s blog and the company’s LinkedIn page.
Suffolk hires Philpott as director, People and Culture
Suffolk recently hired Michael Philpott as director, People and Culture for the company’s South Region.
Philpott has more than a decade of senior human resources leadership with proven success managing matrixed teams in global locations, including for a Fortune 200 company with annual revenue of $14 billion and 50,000 employees. He is experienced in both human resources operations and strategic human capital management with diverse experience in talent management, talent acquisition, change management, organizational design, and diversity and inclusion.
Philpott, a fourth-generation service member, is a graduate of the U.S. Army Ranger School and served as an infantry captain during multiple deployments overseas. He earned a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from The Citadel, a master’s degree in human resources development from Clemson University and an MBA from the University of South Carolina. Philpott has a wealth of experience in people management on large scale projects, including self-perform and construction management in the United States and internationally.
In his new role, Philpott will be working with Suffolk’s operational and functional team to provide human capital strategies that support the regional growth plans and professional development. He will also provide operational excellence by leveraging human resources best practices to enable employees to perform at their highest level.
Suffolk is a national enterprise that invests, innovates and builds. Suffolk is an end-to-end business that provides value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging its core construction management services with vertical service lines that include real estate capital investment, design, self-perform construction services, technology start-up investment and innovation research/development.
Suffolk is a national company with 2,400 employees and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. Suffolk serves clients in every major industry sector, including healthcare, science and technology, education, gaming, transportation/aviation, and commercial. For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Granda joins GATES Construction as assistant project manager
GATES Construction has announced the addition of Amber Granda as assistant project manager. Granda will assist in overall project coordination from the pre-construction stage and permitting through to owner occupancy. She has over 11 years of construction experience with a wide variety of project types, such as healthcare, hospitality, retail and corporate, including Amazon and Google headquarters improvement projects.
Based out of GATES Construction’s Headquarters in Bonita Springs, Granda is currently working on The Apartments at Isle of Porta Vista and The Flamingo Cottages at Everglades National Park.
For over 25 years, GATES Construction has provided construction management, general contracting and design-build services throughout the Southeast United States and Latin America. Their diverse portfolio of commercial, multi-family, industrial, healthcare and club and hospitality projects showcases numerous landmarks constructed over the past quarter of a century. GATES serves its clients from offices in Bonita Springs, Sarasota and Palm Beach Gardens. For more information on GATES Construction, call 239-593-3777 or visit the website at www.GATESinc.com.
Transactions Reported by LandQwest Commercial – Southwest Florida Market
The following local transactions were reported by LandQwest Commercial — Southwest Florida market:
* Pine Island Nicholas Coffee, LLC purchased the 10,500-square-foot retail building at 706 S.W. Pine Island Road in Cape Coral, from EBCP 700 Pine Island LLC for $5,025,000. Bob Pekol of LandQwest Commercial represented the buyer, while Rokki Rogan of LandQwest represented the seller.
* Phelan Acquisition 44, LLC purchased the 0.7-acre “Woody’s Waterside” at 3051 Stringfellow Road in St. James City, from Zeisloft Investments LLC for $2,665,000. Frank Kupiec of LandQwest Commercial represented both parties.
* Marquesa Capital Partners, LLC purchased 16 acres along Alico Road in Fort Myers, from Alico East Fund, LLC for $2,244,510. Brett Low of LandQwest Commercial represented both parties in the transaction.
* Sered 64 Alico, LLC purchased 2.68 acres along Alico Road in Fort Myers, from Alico West Fund, LLC for $2,006,335. Brett Low of LandQwest Commercial represented both parties in the transaction.
* 3817 Waterfront, LLC purchased a 16-unit multi-family complex at 3817 Del Prado Blvd., S., in Cape Coral, from Tommar, Inc. for $1,950,000. Frank Kupiec and Bruce Micciche, CCIM of LandQwest Commercial represented both parties.
* FMFL Property Holdings, LLC purchased a 3,710-square-foot office building at 326 Del Prado Blvd., N., #101, in Cape Coral, from Gulf Coast Land & Investment Group, LLC for $537,950. Adam Palmer, CCIM, SIOR of LandQwest Commercial represented the buyer in the transaction. Jay Crandall, CCIM of the Crandall Commercial Group represented the seller.
* PSS, LLC purchased 1.19 acres at 14101 N. Cleveland Ave. in North Fort Myers, from DAK Property Holdings Inc. for $190,000. Adam Palmer, CCIM, SIOR of LandQwest Commercial represented the seller. Francisco Jaramillo of Jaramillo Commercial Real Estate represented the buyer.
* Deangelis Diamond Construction leased 6,000 square feet of parking space at 2075 W. First St., in Fort Myers, from MLD Investments, LLC. Bruce Micciche, CCIM of LandQwest Commercial also represented both parties.
* 70820 Ventures, LLC leased 5,909 square feet of medical space at 3400 Lee Blvd. in Lehigh Acres, from Ironcrest Lehigh Acres, LLC. Adam Palmer, CCIM, SIOR of LandQwest Commercial represented the tenant. Gary Tasman and Gretchen Smith of Cushman & Wakefield Commercial Property Southwest Florida represented the landlord.
* Stan Kleinschmidt leased 2,000 square feet of office space in “Plymouth Plaza” at 15200 S. Tamiami Trail in Fort Myers, Fla. from Susence FL Holdings, LLC. Bruce Micciche, CCIM of LandQwest Commercial represented both parties.
* Le Nails & Spa leased 2,000 square feet of retail space at Page Field Commons, located at 5037 S. Cleveland Ave. #22A, in Fort Myers, from Winstanley Enterprises LLC. Bob Pekol of LandQwest Commercial represented the tenant directly.
* Green Mountain Builders leased 1,991 square feet of office space in “Fountain Court” at 8290 College Parkway #103, Fort Myers, from Fountain Court Ltd. Mike Doyle, CCIM of LandQwest Commercial represented the tenant. Terris Levan represented the Landlord.
* Star Nails leased 1,200 square feet of retail space in “Palm Pointe Shoppes” at 11601 S. Cleveland Ave., #6, Fort Myers, from Richardson Properties. Mike Concilla and Laura Cari of LandQwest Commercial represented both parties.
* Aligned Nutrition leased 1,200 square feet of retail space in ‘Bridge Plaza’ at 12901 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers, from Bridge Plaza Fort Myers. Adam Palmer, CCIM, SIOR of LandQwest Commercial represented the landlord, and Steve Wood of Venture Realty & Investments represented the tenant.
About LandQwest Commercial
LandQwest is a nationally recognized, privately-held commercial real estate brokerage organization that provides business partners with property management, tenant representation, leasing, sales and consulting services to uniquely shape commercial landscapes in the communities it serves. For more information, visit LQWEST.com.